Well, I’ve been teaching those things, mostly. After a few years helping people out with ebook-related issues, I decided to freelance in my spare time.
- Do you want your book converted to an ebook, or designed as one from scratch?
- Do you want to distribute your ebook to online stores such as the Kindle and iBooks stores?
- Do you have questions about digital publishing and digital media overall?
I base my rates on those of Ebook Architects, an ebook production and consultation company based in Austin, Texas. They’re very active on a Twitter channel called #eprdctn, where e-production folks like to hang out. They’re also the first company that fits what I think about the future of books.
Conversion & design services
Taking your source manuscript and preparing it for publication in the digital environment.
Helping you publish your own titles through platforms such as Smashwords and Scribd. Of course, I’d prefer referring you to a publisher for quality editing and marketing power, but if you really want to do it alone, I can help.
I speak with librarians, publishers, content creators of all kinds about e-publications. Most of this consultation has been part of my work duties, but I’d like talking to anyone about digital publishing – and my other interests, of course. Toss a question to me on any of the channels I use.
- Harry Freedman: Why I’m Not Worried by Ebook Piracy (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
- Thinking about ebook self-publishing? So am I (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- In Praise of Simple Ebooks (smashwords.com)